- avoided any illness, other than a couple of self-inflicted mornings caused by pre-Christmas overindulgence;
- trained reasonably consistently, and feel all the pool work with Vlad is paying off as I'm definitely getting faster and more relaxed in the water;
- completed long swims in the ocean every weekend with the Bold & the Beautiful, including a 13km epic on Christmas eve. This was a great "journey swim" around the beaches from Manly to Curl Curl and around the houses. Apart from the sunburn caused by 5 hours in the water on the first genuine summer's day of the year, it was great, and I felt strong at the end;
- confirmed a boat for Rottnest - a wonderful relief;
- received some great sponsorship! Whilst the tally on GoFundraise does not quite reflect it, we're now upto over $10,000 - truly amazing! I never thought I'd be able to say this, but someone has paid to put a logo on the back of my Speedos..........(thanks 325 Consulting)!
I would like to say a big thank you to all of you - the team, supporters, donors, friends, and family. Without you this challenge would not be possible. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. I have a couple of weeks off work so will relax, eat, drink and be merry. I will however keep swimming....................! I hope you have a great holiday, and get to spend quality time with your nearest and dearest. Thanks again. Ben